Information Technology for Public Transport a.i.s.b.l. (hereinafter referred to as ITxPT) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to specify communication protocols and hardware interfaces to offer a full interoperability of IT systems in Public Transport applications.
This policy covers ITxPT.org website and all *.itxpt.org subsites (collectively, the "Website").
1. Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
1. Your email address and password. We treat this information as "Personally Identifiable Information" or "PII". We never store passwords in plain text format, only secure password hashes.
2. Non-personally identifiable information, such as demographic information about you, information about your computer system or device, your preferences, your online activity, and your location information ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information" a "Non-PII"). Non-PII, by itself, does not identify you, but it can be combined with other information in way that allows you to be identified. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as PII.
We may collect information from or about you in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You. We collect information provided by you when you (1) create your user account; (2) communicate with us or request information about or from us by e-mail or other means; (3) fill out forms or fields on this Website; (4) sign-up for any of our newsletters, materials or our services on this Website or other sites; or (5) participate in our online surveys or questionnaires.
- Automatic Information Collection. We also use automatic data collection technologies to collect and store certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns when you interact with this Website through your computer or mobile device.
1.1. ITxPT Association Membership
When you apply for membership, we will collect additional information about you, such as your name, address, etc. We treat this information as non-public, "Personally Identifiable Information" or "PII".
We may also collect and store information that you provide to us about other people (for example, when asking a registration for them), including their name, postal address, telephone number, mobile number, and email address.
We may collect additional information from and about you when you visit certain *.itxpt.org sites and perform certain activities. Detailed information per site below.
1.2.1. ITxPT Documentation Centre: wiki.itxpt.org
When you request a registration, we will collect additional information about you, such as your name, professional email address, etc. We treat this information as non-public, "Personally Identifiable Information" or "PII".
1.3. Links to Third Party Websites and Social Media Widgets
This Website and some of our electronic communications to you, may contain links to other websites that are owned and operated by third parties. Links to third parties from this Website are not an endorsement by us. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle information they may collect from or about you.
This Website may also include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, LinkedIn and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about your IP address and the page you are visiting on this Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features and the information from or about you collected by them are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
1.4. Automatic Information Collection Technologies
The information that we collect about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns includes, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, search queries, as well as information about the computer or device you are using and the Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This automatically collected information typically does not include PII, but we may maintain it or associate it with your personal information collected in other ways. Collection of this type of information helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to, among other things: (1) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (2) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests; (3) speed up your searches; and (4) recognize you when you return to this Website.
The automatic collection technologies we or our service providers use for this automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). This Website may use two types of cookies (small data files placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website): a "session cookie," which expires immediately when you end your browsing session and a "persistent cookie," which stores information on your hard drive so when you end your browsing session and return to this website later, the cookie information is still available.
- Web Beacons. Pages of this Website and any e-mails sent to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened our e-mails.
1.5. Service providers and partners
We use a number of service providers to help us operate the site and provide high quality user experience to our visitors. Some of those providers can access Non-PII about you via automatic data collection technologies.
- We may use Google services to run surveys, forms, share collaborative documents. You can review related individual privacy policies for information on how they manage user data.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including any PII, to:
- Provide information and services requested by you;
- Provide member support, including responding to your requests and questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems or complaints;
- Verify the information you provide to us;
- Communicate with you;
- Understand and anticipate your use of or interest in, our services, and content, and the products, services, and content offered by others;
- Develop and display products, services, and content tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites;
- Provide you with informational materials and newsletters in case you opt-in to receive those;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online, content, and programming, and other activities;
- Manage our activities and operations;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Website;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Fulfil any other purposes for which you provide your information and for any other purpose as described to you at the time your information is collected or for which your consent is given.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose and share aggregated non-PII about you at our discretion.
We may disclose or share your PII only in limited circumstances:
- With any ITxPT Association employee or agent for support of our internal and business operations or to respond to a request made by you.
- We may disclose information we collect from or about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of users of this Website, the Association, or other persons or organizations.
4. Your Choices About Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our use of your personal information. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over your information:
- Informational emails. We do not send any informational emails without your opt-in first. If you do not wish to receive informational emails from us, follow the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the informational e-mail. Note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive transactional emails from us (e.g., e-mails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, password reset requests, reminder emails that you have requested, and any other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Website).
- Google Analytics. You can opt out from Google Analytics tracking via your browser privacy settings or by using browser addon.
· 4.1. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon deletion all private and personally identifying information from your profile will be deleted.
Public content you created, such as issues, forum posts, projects, documentation page revisions, etc. won’t be deleted. All this content will be attributed to ‘Anonymous’ user.
5. Protection of Your Information
We use reasonable security measures to protect your information collected through this Website. We do not store passwords in plain text format, only secure password hashes. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% safe, and we cannot guarantee absolute security. Therefore, your use of this Website is at your own risk and we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your information will always and absolutely remain private and secure. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or concerning this Website. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
7. Contacting Us
Via postal mail: Information Technology for Public Transport ITxPT, Rue Sainte-Marie 6, B-1080 Brussels, Belgium
Via e-mail: email@example.com